Bah!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The ride back...

You know, the way they do the ride back is very strange. Imagine hundreds of people waiting outside of about 5 gates looking up at a screen. You can see your gate, but you don't know which gate your train is gonna be. When the train finally gets here a number flashes under the gate, and the hundreds of people sprint to the gate to get a seat on the train. How bizzare.

Well on the ride down, I had a conversation with a very nice deaf woman. Well, it was a lot of lip reading and writing on a piece of paper. She gave me some advice on where I should visit while I'm here, and we also talked a little about where we lived, what I do, and why I'm here. She was rather excited that it was my first time here. Perhaps she was excited to take my New York virginity...

First order of business, find a place to eat. My lonely planet told me that little korea was in midtown, and there was a nice restaurant serving authentic Korean food. I decided to give it a try. It was a restaurant called cho dang goi and it was incredibly good. I got this spicy tofu and octopus (for you Koreans, they called it mo doo boo nak ji bok kum) and it was heaven on a platter.

After getting stuffed, I head out to explore the town. I went to the empire state building, but decided the wait was too long, so I head out in search of times square. I walked from 34th to 42nd and found myself on broadway I think. Walked around there and checked out what shows are playing. I'm going to get to one of them, but I'm not sure which one, and when I can go. I headed back to seventh and 42nd and there was the beginning of time square. So I saw the nasdaq stock exchange, the mtv building, abc, sports illustrated, and I'm not sure if radio city hall is considered times square but I found that. I also saw where they drop the ball for new years.

You know, in my last post I said that the stores are all the same. In the city, you see the same stores you would expect to see in Cali, except WAY bigger. I saw the biggest Mcdonalds, a huge olive garden and red lobster. Not to mention giant foot lockers and gaps.

Anyway, I'm on the train back. I'm tired and my batteries are about to run out so I'm gonna end this post. Tata for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home